Each festival holds its own unique essence, significance, and value.
To provide you with a deeper understanding of Thanksgiving, a tradition rooted in commemorating the 1621 harvest meal shared between colonial Pilgrims and the Wampanoag Indians, a critical event for the survival of the colonists who arrived in 1620, we’ve gathered 20 quotes related to Thanksgiving.
These quotes, spoken by individuals from diverse backgrounds and across various time periods, brim with wisdom and ethical insights that can inspire you to create a truly memorable Thanksgiving for your loved ones.
20 Best Thanksgiving Quotes
Quotes by Prominent Figures
- “To speak gratitude is courteous and pleasant, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live gratitude is to touch Heaven”: Johannes A. Gaertner
- “Gratitude turns what we have into enough”: Aesop
- “Thanksgiving is a time to give, a time to love, and a time to reflect on the things that matter most in life”: Danielle Duckery
- “Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow”: Melody Beattie
- “We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude”: Cynthia Ozick
- “Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is”: Ernest Hemingway
- “All that we behold is full of blessings”: William Wordsworth
- “You simply will not be the same person two months from now after consciously giving thanks each day for the abundance that exists in your life. And you will have set in motion an ancient spiritual law: the more you have and are grateful for, the more will be given you”: Sarah Ban Breathnac
- “Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses”: Alphonse Karr
- “Give thanks not just on Thanksgiving Day, but every day of your life. Appreciate and never take for granted all that you have”: Catherine Pulsifer
- “Joy is the simplest form of gratitude”: Karl Barth
- “Be thankful for what you have, you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough”: Oprah Winfrey
- “Thanksgiving Day is a good day to recommit our energies to giving thanks and just giving”: Amy Grant
- “Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse”: Henry Van Dyke
- “That’s one of the great things about Thanksgiving: Football’s on!”: Michael Strahan
- “That’s one of the great things about Thanksgiving”: Football’s on!: Michael Strahan
- “I’m thankful for every moment”: Al Green
- “We would worry less if we praised more. Thanksgiving is the enemy of discontent and dissatisfaction”: Harry Ironside
- “Best of all is it to preserve everything in a pure, still heart, and let there be for every pulse a thanksgiving, and for every breath a song”: Konrad von Gesner
- “If you made a list of all the things you could be thankful for, the list would undoubtedly be longer than your misfortunes”: Catherine Pulsifer
- “The thankful receiver bears a plentiful harvest”: William Blake
It’s simple to forget the straightforward yet meaningful act of offering thanks in the hustle and bustle of our daily lives. Thanksgiving is a poignant reminder to stop, think, and express appreciation for the bounty in our lives as we assemble around tables overflowing with delectable food and in the company of loved ones.
These quotes help us value what we have. So let’s carry a heart full of gratitude and be kind to one another, lend a hand when we can, and treasure the relationships that give life its true purpose.
Let’s make every day of Thanksgiving together.
Moonpreneur is on a mission to educate and ignite the flames of entrepreneurship through our holistically created online STEM programs, which will help kids master the futuristic sciences such as Robotics, Game Development, App Development, Advanced Math, Math-Quiz to test your kids knowledge and much more!!