Register your child for In-person Robotics Workshop on 25th May at AMN, Round Rock, TX. Reserve a Seat today!

Harford County Public Schools
Build a future with Moonpreneur
DEVELOP TECHNICAL, SOFT, &
ENTREPRENEURIAL SKILLS
AGE 7-15 YEARS
CLAIM YOUR $10 ROBLOX/AMAZON/MINECRAFT GIFT
CARD BY ATTENDING A FREE TRIAL CLASS
BOOK A FREE ROBOTICS TRIAL
Select Your Subject of Choice

    Please enter name

    Please enter email


    Existing knowledge in programming/robotics

    *No credit card required.

    Harford County Public Schools

    |

    Harford County Public Schools

    Education is the key that unlocks the golden door to freedom — George Washington Carver

    Each school district plays an important role in molding the future of young learners, and Harford County Public Schools exhibits a strong commitment. They have a lot to offer 38,063 students, with 99.4% of teachers holding licenses, 89.3% having three or more years of meaningful teaching experience, and 88.7% graduation rate. 

    The eighth-largest school district in Maryland, HCPS is home to 6 National Blue Ribbon Schools and 9 Blue Ribbon Schools from Maryland. In this blog, we will put the spotlight on some of the best schools in this district.

    Graphical representation of data provided for Harford County Public Schools year-2023

    Harford County Public Schools School District Chart

    Schools In The District

    School Age
    Elementary School 9
    Middle School 10
    High School 14

    Top 6 Schools Of Harford County

    1. Harford Technical High School

    From classes 9 through 12, Harford Technical High School has 992 students enrolled. For the 2020–21 academic year, Harford Technical High scored among the top 1% of all schools in Maryland for overall test scores (top 5% for math and top 1% for reading).

    Harford Technical High School

    Location: 200 Thomas Run Rd, Bel Air, MD 21015

    Phone: (410) 638-3804

    Website: https://hths.ss18.sharpschool.com/

    Student-Teacher Ratio: 16:1

    Overall Testing Rank: Top 1%

    Math Proficiency Rate: 81% (Top 5%)

    Reading Proficiency Rate: 92%

    Average Graduation Rate

    Average SAT

    Average ACT

    AP Enrollment

    93%

    1150

    26

    32%

    2. Fallston High School

    Fallston High School has 982 students in grades 9-12. For the 2020–21 academic year, Fallston High School scored among the top 5% of all schools in Maryland in terms of overall test scores (top 5% in math and top 5% in reading)

    Location:2301 Carrs Mill Rd, Fallston, MD 21047

    Phone: 410-638-4120

    Website: https://fahs.ss18.sharpschool.com/

    Fallston High School

    Average Graduation Rate

    Average SAT

    Average ACT

    AP Enrollment

    96%

    1210

    26

    48%

    Student-Teacher Ratio: 16:1

    Overall Testing Rate: Top 5%

    Math Proficiency: 78%

    Reading Proficiency Rate: 83%

    3. Patterson Mill High School

    Patterson Mill High School serves students in grades 9 through 12, with a total enrollment of 802 students. For the 2020–21 academic year, Patterson the school scored among the top 5% of all schools in Maryland in terms of overall test scores (top 5% in math and top 5% in reading).

    Recommended Reading: FAIRFAX COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS (FCPS), A BEACON OF EXCELLENCE IN EDUCATION

    Patterson Mill High School

    Location: 85 Patterson Mill Rd, Bel Air, MD 21015 Fallston, MD 21047

    Phone: 410-638-4640

    Website: https://pmmhs.ss18.sharpschool.com/

    Student-Teacher Ratio: 16:1

    Overall Testing Rate: Top 5%

    Math Proficiency: 75-79%

    Reading Proficiency Rate: 72%

    Average Graduation Rate

    Average SAT

    Average ACT

    AP Enrollment

    99%

    1210

    29

    46%

    4. Bel Air High School

    There are 1,522 students in grades 9 through 12 at Bel Air High School. For the 2020–21 academic year, Bel Air High School scored among the top 5% of all schools in Maryland for overall test scores (top 5% for math and top 10% for reading).

    Bel Air High School

    Location:100 Heighe St, Bel Air, MD 21014

    Tel: 410-638-4600

    Website: https://bahs.ss18.sharpschool.com/

    Student-Teacher Ratio: 17:1

    Overall Testing Rate: Top 5%

    Math Proficiency: 73%

    Reading Proficiency Rate: 42%

    Average Graduation Rate

    Average SAT

    Average ACT

    AP Enrollment

    95%

    1190

    27

    39%

    5. North Harford High School

    There are 1221 students in grades 9 through 12 at North Harford High School. For the 2020–21 academic year, North Harford High School was among the top 5% of all schools in Maryland for overall test scores (top 5% for math and top 10% for reading).

    North Harford High School

    Location:211 Pylesville Rd Pylesville, MD 21132

    Phone: 410-638-3650

    Website: https://nhhs.ss18.sharpschool.com/

    Student-Teacher Ratio: 17:1

    Overall Testing Rate: Top 5%

    Math Proficiency: 62%

    Reading Proficiency Rate: 66%

    Average Graduation Rate

    Average SAT

    Average ACT

    AP Enrollment

    94%

    1190

    26

    39%

    6. Milton Wright High School

    1331 students in grades 9 through 12 attend C. High School. For the 2020–21 academic year, C. Milton Wright High School scored among the top 5% of all schools in Maryland for overall test scores (top 5% for math and top 10% for reading).

    Recommended Reading: OAKVILLE TRAFALGAR HIGH SCHOOL: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW IN ABOUT

    Milton Wright High School

    Location:1301 N Fountain Green Rd, Bel Air, MD 21015

    Phone: 410-638-4110

    Website: https://cmhs.ss18.sharpschool.com/

    Student-Teacher Ratio: 16:1

    Overall Testing Rate: Top 5%

    Math Proficiency: 65%

    Reading Proficiency Rate: 66%

    Average Graduation Rate

    Average SAT

    Average ACT

    AP Enrollment

    94%

    1220

    28

    42%

    Conclusion

    These statistics reflect a strong commitment to academic excellence within Harford County Public Schools. With high graduation rates, competitive test scores, and robust advanced placement programs, these institutions are equipping students for success in their future endeavors.

    In essence, Harford County Public Schools, with their distinguished institutions and impressive academic achievements, are playing a pivotal role in shaping the future leaders of the community. Through their unwavering dedication to education, they are providing a solid foundation for the success of their students, both within Maryland and beyond.

    Moonpreneur is on a mission to educate and ignite the flames of entrepreneurship through our holistically created online STEM programs, which will help kids master the futuristic sciences such as Robotics, Game Development, App Development, Advanced Math, Math-Quiz to test your kids knowledge, and much more!! 

    Register for a free 60-minute robotics workshop today!

    Anshika Kanwar

    Anshika Kanwar

    I am someone who absolutely loves learning new things. Moreover, am always eager to dive into new subjects. Writing is my way of painting with words, It's a way for me to share the things I've learned and experienced and find joy in exploring the world of knowledge.
    Subscribe
    Notify of
    guest

    3 Comments
    Oldest
    Newest Most Voted
    Inline Feedbacks
    View all comments
    Olivia
    Olivia
    5 months ago

    The best thing about Harford County Public Schools is the maturity waiver scheme.

    Josh
    Josh
    5 months ago
    Reply to  Olivia

    What is it?

    rose
    rose
    3 months ago
    Reply to  Josh

    The maturity waiver for Harford County Public Schools allows students who don’t meet the age requirements for kindergarten (5 years) to take a break from attendance, if their parents believe taking a break would be good for kids.

    RELATED ARTICLES

    YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

    Explore by Category

    MOST POPULAR

    GIVE A GIFT OF $10
    MINECRAFT GIFT
    TO YOUR CHILD

    JOIN A FREE TRIAL CLASS

    FREE EBOOK AND STORYBOOK

    Download "Treasure Hunt" - A Robotics Workbook for Kids (8-15 YEARS)
    Download Now

    Robotics Ebook And 3-Part Video Series

    Download Now