Do you know that a whopping 93% of Americans dread mathematics? This math anxiety starts at the school level and continues to lurk in their minds throughout their adulthood.
The only cure is to offer them ample assistance in math from the very beginning. Apt guidance by experts can help children overcome their fear of math at a young age. So, if your child is struggling with math, it is better to get an efficient math tutor for them.
However, while looking for a math tutor for your kids, you may face the dilemma of choosing between in-person math classes and online sessions. This blog discusses the differences between in-person and virtual math classes. Go through the article to delve deeper into the details!
Recommended Reading: How To Select Right Math Classes for Kids
Online or Offline- What’s Best for the Children?
Just like the insanely popular Avenger series is divided into two parts pre and post-blip; similarly, the real world is now divided into two parts – pre and post-pandemic. Before COVID-19, the majority of parents would unanimously agree that in-person math classes are better than online ones.
After the pandemic, the world has realized that virtual education is possible. So is math! If you are still unable to make up your mind, here’s what you must know:
- Online math classes let your children learn math from the comfort of their homes. As per renowned environmental psychologists, human productivity level increases in familiar settings. Thus, virtual math programs can turn out to be highly effective for your kids.
- As a parent, you can save up a lot of your precious time if your child learns math online, as you do not have to pick them up from and drop them off at any brick-and-mortar location.
- Also, you do not have to settle down for just any average math tutor who resides in your location. Online math classes give you ample opportunities to choose from a wide variety of options.
- You will be able to keep a tab on the progress of your children. You can notice if they are feeling distracted during the virtual lessons or are fully focusing on their lessons.
- Your children may feel intimidated in an offline math class and may not be able to get their doubts cleared. However, virtual classes allow kids to be expressive enough and ask questions without any inhibitions.
- Your kids won’t have to miss classes for factors like bad weather, traffic jams, and so on.
- Online math classes can be considered safe as compared to brick-and-mortar classes. You can closely monitor your children and safeguard them from any unforeseen circumstances.
Top Tips to Help Your Children Make the Most Out of Their Online Math Classes
- Encourage your children to set a timer while practicing math.
- Set up an aesthetically pleasing and decluttered study table for your children so that they stay motivated during their virtual classes.
- Teach them the art of time management. In the absence of a physically present tutor, your kids may tend to procrastinate unknowingly. However, time management skills can help them reap the benefits of online math classes.
- Help your children to maintain the same pace as that of the virtual classes. If they lag, you can guide them so that they can catch up easily.
Recommended Reading: Top 5 Math Project Ideas for Kids
In a Nutshell
By now, you must be convinced enough to get your children enrolled in any reputed online math classes. However, you must choose a reliable platform since this decision is going to impact the future of your kids.
If you are in search of a trustworthy platform for a virtual math program, Moonpreneur can definitely be your best friend. We are a pioneering platform dedicated to offering cutting-edge Advanced Mathematics courses for students of grade 3rd to 6th. Wait no more and help your children steer clear of their math anxiety with Moonpreneur.
Enroll your child in our free 60-minutes advanced math workshop.