Moonpreneur is an ed-tech start-up imparting tech entrepreneurship to children between 8-15. With a focus on STEAM and future-oriented streams, Moonshot Jr aims at empowering young innovators with knowledge and means to excel in their chosen area of interest. Our program helps children explore future academic choices and careers and build impressive resumes by nurturing their interests and skills through our patent-pending, 4-stage program. Our guided, project-based learning and product development experience paves the way for all their future endeavors.
We are driven by the idea that the best work is born from diligence, creativity, and fun. We are a family of professionals working collectively to create phenomenal learning solutions that resonate with the creativity and intellectualism in kids.
Software Development Manager/ Architect:
This is a partially hands-on role, and ideally, you should be able to dedicate 50% of your time to work in and around the code. The successful candidate must be a motivating individual with excellent leadership skills, and a strong ability to drive excellence in both current team members and future hires.
- Coordinate and lead all phases of an agile SDLC when participating in application development projects.
- Manage the architecture, design, development, testing, implementation, and support of applications.
- Work on problems with your team, roll up your sleeves, and advocate for engineering-specific roadmap items.
- Be able to build scalable and resilient products. Write well-designed, testable code.
- Recommend technical developments and software to enhance/improve our applications.
- Work with product, UX and other disciplines to discover the best solutions for our products.
- Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation according to the requirements, design and architect solutions with emphasis on security.
- Collaborate with other architects, product managers and other technical or non-technical stakeholders to define design approaches that are aligned with the customer-centric product vision.
- Ensure the best engineering and documentation practices are understood and followed.
- Coordinating with peers within the organization to ensure seamless integration of functional workflows.
- Ensure successful incremental product releases while driving to deadlines. Assuring quality through efficient management of team and resources.
- Work with multiple stakeholders with different goals, objectives and aspirations
- Evaluate and limit risk and vulnerabilities during the software development process by consistently employing industry best-practices.
- Review all work produced by the development team and ensure code produced meets company standards.
- Manage, plan and organize team resources to satisfy output requirements for projects, change requests and support.
- Build your team, both through internal development and external hiring.
- Drive technical decisions and work with your to plan, track, and deliver software projects.
- Establish strong working relationships at all organizational levels and across functional teams.
- Ability to review architecture, design, and implementations, provide feedback for individual contributors.
- Ensure production issues are resolved in a timely manner by the team.
- Must be able to identify and manage priorities within the context of overall corporate objectives.
- Communicate organizational updates to ensure teams adhere to the established policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, understanding of developers’ needs and priorities.
- Experience in balancing speed vs. quality in software engineering teams.
- Mentor the growth of the engineers. Responsible for the team’s performance against agreed objectives and goals.
- Strong work ethic plus ability to multi-task.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4+ years of relevant managerial experience, managing teams of .NET technologists and engineers.
- 10+ years of hands-on software development experience in .Net technologies with a proven record of successfully developing consumer-facing, reliable and scalable products and leading teams in an Agile, team-based environment
- Strong understanding of software development design and agile practices
- Strong understanding of OOP concepts, SOLID principles, design and architectural patterns such as MVVM, MVP.
- Experience developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (.NET MVC, .NET Core, .NET, Entity Framework)
- Experience developing RESTful APIs, JSON, and multi-threaded web services.
- Experienced and capable of playing a leading role to architect, design and develop major functional changes to existing software systems, or new ones, involving yourself and other engineers
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, SQL server and ORM technologies. Working knowledge of MySQL.
- Experience with test-driven development
- Experience building dynamic customer-facing apps that use RESTful APIs to operate
- Experience building modular apps, or migrating a monolithic app to a modular architecture
- Knowledge of development best practices, including coding guidelines
- Experience with apps interacting with an AWS backend and knowledge of AWS SDKs
- Excellent understanding of engineering software processes, methodologies (agile), configuration management, release management and systems verification and test
- AWS/AZURE/GCP experience, including managing sensitive assets
- Experience with CICD pipeline (Jenkins, or equivalent)
- Excellent organizational, leadership, decision making, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good knowledge of git version control tools, and experience collaborating with a team of developers
- Adhere to Product and workflow processes, engage with the team to make continual improvements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis, document requirements and specifications
- BS and/or MS in a technical discipline (Computer Science or Software Engineering preferred)
Experience and additional skills that are important for success in this role:
- Proven team leadership skills – your management skills and technical depth allow you to develop and mentor others and build credibility with your team, while executing broader engineering strategies
- Proven background in Backend Development. You feel comfortable writing the code and interacting with engineers at all levels of seniority
- Familiarity with distributed and highly available systems at scale
- Experience designing and developing APIs
- Comfort working with senior stakeholders (Director level and up), both technical and non-technical
- Success in building and growing teams of engineers during your career
- A commitment and drive for quality, technical excellence and results
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment, along with Zoho, Bitbucket, Jenkins and Git.
Familiarity with common third-party APIs, Payment Gateways, etc.
Apply for this job
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com (preferably in pdf format)