- Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation according to the requirements, design and solutions
- Design, implement, and conduct test and evaluation procedures to ensure system requirements are met.
- Perform manual test execution (including, but not limited to: functional, regression and integration testing), identifying defects and conducting root cause analysis of the issues discovered.
- Thoroughly document defects with steps to reproduce and triage them through the defect lifecycle.
- Collaborate with product owners to develop an understanding of user stories and use cases to formulate test approaches, write test plans, and effectively analyze outcomes.
- Work within and across our customer service, development, and product teams to validate products and find new and interesting ways to break those products.
- Complete test preparation, including participation in peer reviews, test environment setup, identification of pre-conditions, and test plan documentation and review.
- Develop strategies on how best to automate tests for maximum efficiency and coverage then write and maintain test scripts using Selenium or similar tools.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement automated test tools and strategies. Develop, maintain, and upgrade automated test scripts and architectures for application products.
- Ensure product compliance with external software quality requirements, as needed.
- Write, implement, and report status for system test cases for testing.
- Generate quality metrics and reports with insight into the status and health of our products, including the logging or tracking of both manual and automated efforts.
- Review and collect feedback on test plans and test cases from the QA team and product owner(s) to allow the team to collectively assess use case and edge case coverage.
- Analyze test cases and provide regular progress reports.
- Serve as specialist providing testing know-how for the support of user requirements of complex to highly complex applications.
- Direct and/or participate in all phases of risk management assessments and software/hardware development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design and test tools selection.
- Other duties as assigned
We are looking for a seasoned and motivated QA Test Engineer with demonstrated 6-7 years of experience to provide Test Automation support. Candidates are expected to be focused and solution-oriented individuals who work well independently while working with a cross-functional team of experts. We want someone passionate and adept at running testing efforts to ensure product quality, learning and implementing new quality assurance (QA) activities and procedures, but we also need an innovative and flexible team member who will do what it takes to help us shape amazing products.
Skills and Requirements:
- A BS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Knowledge of or experience with test engineering methodology
- 6 or more years of specific testing experience required.
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment, along with Zoho, Bitbucket, Jenkins and Git.
Familiarity with common third-party APIs, Payment Gateways, etc.
Apply for this job
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferably in pdf format)