Moonpreneur is an ed-tech start-up imparting tech entrepreneurship to children between 10-17. With a focus on STEAM and future-oriented streams, Moonpreneur aims at empowering young innovators with knowledge and means to excel in their chosen area of interest. Our program helps children explore future academic choices and careers and build impressive resumes by nurturing their interests and skills through our patent-pending, 4-stage program. Our guided, project-based learning and product development experience paves the way for all their future endeavours.
We are driven by the idea that the best work is born from diligence, creativity, and fun. We are a family of professionals working collectively to create phenomenal learning solutions that resonate with the creativity and intellectualism in kids.
We are looking for Database Administrator to join our database team having 8 + years of experience. In this role, you will be performing day-to-day database administrative task that includes design, database schema definition, database access privilege management, database query optimization, documentation, database instance patching and upgrades, long-range requirements, data encryption and database protection, SSRS and BI.
A. Robotics / Home Automation / Futuristic Trends Instructor:
- Review data within the database to ensure user data integrity, maintain database support tools, database tables and dictionaries, recovery and backup procedures, and make recommendations regarding enhancements and improvements.
- Install, configure, and manage multiple SQL server environments, to include Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting solutions.
- Extensive documentation of DBA procedures and work progress with respect to DevOps culture.
- Understand, write, and execute custom and third-party SQL scripts.
- Execute, manage, and validate database server backups leveraging forward thinking concepts, processes, and technology that meet the organizations Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) and Recovery Time Objectives (RTO).
- Responsible for operational management and implementation of upgrades and enhancements of the database environment supporting multiple databases.
- Troubleshoot techniques and analysis with SQL Server service outages and performance issues as they occur in real time.
- Responsible for the lifecycle of SQL performing routine SQL patch updates, applicable service packs, and new major versions as they are released.
- Be available and flexible for part of on-call support rotation.
- Understand Windows clustering technology to support various SQL clusters and SQL Always On Availability Groups.
- Experience using SSRS to provide reporting capability to meet customer needs.
- Analyze data, including trend and pattern detection, using SQL and Excel.
- Develop analytics solutions that are scalable, repeatable, and effective.
- Develop appropriate data querying, manipulation, cleaning and processing code that may incorporate data from multiple sources (e.g. relational data, APIs, flat files).
- Collaborate effectively through brainstorming, planning, group development, and pair programming to meet the expectations of the team and stakeholders.
- Find simple, interpretable, solutions to complex data problems with attention to detail.
- Present work products clearly and effectively, using visualizations and storytelling.
- Document work both through readable self-documenting code, and through documentation in GitHub, and using version-control methodologies (e.g., Git).
- Assist in the development of Use Cases, Requirements Definition Documents, Detailed Design Specifications.
- Assist developers with SQL and MySQL development. Automate daily tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 6 years of database administration experience. Additional years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- Prior experience maintaining databases in a production environment
- Ability to create tables, tablespaces, triggers, views, stored procedures and other database objects
- Prior experience programming with different database languages.
- Deep knowledge of MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server 2016 thru SQL 2019 to include installation, configuration, upgrades, and maintenance of Microsoft database technologies.
- Experience with MySQL, MS SQL Server, data backups, data recovery, SSIS package and SQL stored procedure development and security fixes.
- Domain level technical knowledge to maintain databases, ensure recovery and provide patches on SQL databases, experience executing/monitoring production database backup operations.
- Experience working independently on technical database administration activities on SQL and MySQL databases.
- Experience implementing a broad range of assignments requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- In-depth experience in performance tuning using instance and database level configuration, index and statistics maintenance, and fragmentation management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team-oriented remote environment
Nice to have:
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Microsoft Azure) a plus.
- Demonstrated Working knowledge of Linux, AWS, Azure, VMware vSphere (Virtualization Management), EMC Data Domain (Storage Management)
- Migration between instances and between on-prem to AWS and Azure environments
- Familiarity with Agile Framework DevOps and Zoho
- Automation using Microsoft PowerShell, VBScript, or batch files.
Apply for this job
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferably in pdf format)