There is a lot of buzz around Vedic Math. From the ancient Indian scriptures, it has found prominence in this technology-ruled world where efforts are being made to nurture and mentor the force of tomorrow.
What is Vedic Math? Where did it originate?
Vedic math has its roots in the Indian Vedas, which are centuries old. It was rediscovered by the greatest mathematician and the Shankaracharya Jagadguru Bharati Krishna Tirthaji, known as the father of Vedic Math, between 1911 and 1918.
Krishna Tirthaji revealed that mathematics is based on 16 Sutras (formulae). These formulae describe the way the mind naturally works and are therefore a great help in directing the student to the appropriate method of solution. The Sutras describe mental processes and can be introduced in primary school.
Usually, mathematics is considered a complex and confusing subject, but Vedic Math tricks make it simpler and easier. Let’s take a look at the top 5 benefits of Vedic Math for kids.
- Flexibility: It offers multiple calculation methods, contrary to modern teachings. Vedic methods have general calculations and special methods. It allows us to do the calculations from right to left or from left to right. Not just that, it teaches us to represent numbers in more than one way.
- Improves memory: Vedic Math is simple. It teaches techniques to make calculations mentally, which is fun for children who can try various methods of doing calculations. When children practice this, it improves their memory power and mental agility.
- Enhances creativity: Usually, when it comes to mathematics, we are restricted by certain formulas, but not in Vedic Math. Its premise is such that it promotes creativity in students and allows them to invent new calculation methods. The Vedic system seeks to cultivate intuition, having a conscious proof or explanation of a method beforehand is not essential in the Vedic methodology.
- Coherence: Vedic Math is beautifully interrelated and unified. It is easily reversed to allow one-line divisions, and the simple squaring method can be reversed to give one-line square roots. It allows learners to grasp it quickly and conveniently.
- Fun learning: Fast calculations, incredible multiplication tricks, children learning Vedic Math are overwhelmed by the simple process and results. Vedic Math tricks are such that addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division become so simple that they can do it in a jiffy. Such is the learning experience that math becomes fun and flexible from boring and rigid.
Vedic Math is becoming a phenomenon across the world and it’s not possible to capture its vastness in a few words. The best way to get acquainted with Vedic Math is to plunge into it and discover the joys of learning calculations in a fun manner.
Moonpreneur offers online Vedic Math classes for kids studying in grades 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th. Enroll today!