Moonpreneur is here to show you How to Teleport in Minecraft with step-by-step instructions and handy screenshots.
Minecraft is huge and its practically not possible to get around the world on bare foot but luckily we have an easy way out – Teleportation! We’ll learn –
- How to teleport using the /tp command
- How to teleport other players
- How to teleport to the Nether using command and Nether Portal.
You’ll have to enable cheats in settings to use commands in Minecraft.
Enabling Cheats in Minecraft –
To enable cheats in Minecraft, you need administrative privileges. Create a new world with “Allow Cheats” enabled or open an existing world in LAN mode with cheats enabled. Here is a step-by-step tutorial on How to Turn On Cheats in Minecraft.
To display your current coordinates in the Java Edition, press Fn+F3 (or Alt+Fn+F3). In Bedrock Edition, enable Show Coordinates in the world settings.
Method 1: Using the /tp (Teleport) CommandThe easiest teleporting method in Minecraft is using the /tp command. This command allows you to teleport yourself or other players to a specific location in the game.
- To use the /tp command, you must first open the chat window by pressing the T key. How you do this depends on which platform you’re playing on
|PC||Press the T key.|
|Mobile||Tap the Chat icon at the top of the screen.|
|Xbox||Press Right on the D-Pad.|
|PlayStation||Press Right on the D-Pad.|
|Nintendo Switch||Press Right on the D-Pad.|
- Next, type in the command “/tp [player] [x] [y] [z]” and press enter.
For example, if you want to teleport yourself to the coordinates (50, 75, 100), you would type in “/tp 50 75 100” and press enter.
Teleport other Players in Minecraft
You can also teleport other players, which is super cool! Just type their username before the coordinates. So, if you want to teleport your buddy Jatin, type: /tp Jatin 200 75 100.
And if you just want to teleport yourself to Jatin (or any of your friends), just type:/tp Jatin. It’s an awesome way to travel in Minecraft!
If you are still confused, you can refer to the video we have for you!
Method 2: Using a Nether PortalAnother method to teleport in Minecraft is a Nether Portal. A Nether Portal is an obsidian structure through which the player can travel between the Nether and the Overworld.
Bedrock edition does not support the command /execute in DimensionName run tp PlayerName ~ ~ ~. to teleport into the nether directly. Using the Nether Portal is necessary.
- Gather obsidian blocks by using a water bucket on lava.
- Obtain enough obsidian blocks to create a rectangular shape for the portal.
- Build the nether portal using the obsidian blocks, making it at least four blocks wide and five blocks tall. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to build a Nether Portal
- Use flint and steel or a fire charge to ignite the portal.
- Once the portal is lit, step through it to be transported to the Nether.
- To return to the Overworld, create another nether portal in the Nether and step through it.
That’s it! Enjoy your adventures in both the Overworld and the Nether using nether portals.
Are there any other ways of teleportation?
Other teleport methods in Minecraft include command blocks, ender pearls and elytra, and the Ender Dragon. Each method offers a different experience, so experiment and find the best one for you.
As you know, Minecraft is one of the most popular games among kids, So, Moonpreneur is now turning this fun gameplay into an opportunity to learn how to code. Minecraft Coding course will help you understand the skill of coding the fastest and in the most fun way ever possible! Book a free coding class on Minecraft!
Update: This article was last updated by Moonpreneur on 12th October 2023 to reflect the accuracy and up-to-date information on the page.