Perseverance is the ability to keep going despite obstacles, setbacks, and failures. As students, it’s essential to cultivate a spirit of perseverance to achieve our goals and overcome challenges. It’s easy to become discouraged and give up when things get tough, but perseverance is the key to success.
As students, it’s essential to cultivate a spirit of perseverance to achieve our goals and overcome challenges. In this blog post, we’ve compiled 50 powerful perseverance quotes from some of the most successful people in history.
These quotes cover various topics, from hard work, determination, and resilience to positivity, self-belief, and overcoming adversity. Whether you’re struggling with a complex subject, facing a challenging situation, or simply needing inspiration, these perseverance quotes will help you stay focused and motivated on your journey toward success.
So, let’s dive in and explore these inspiring words of wisdom that will inspire and uplift students to persevere in the face of adversity.
- “Don’t be discouraged. It’s often the last key in the bunch that opens the lock.” – Unknown
- “Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.” – Walter Elliot
- “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas Edison
- “I am a slow walker, but I never walk back.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Let me tell you the secret that has led to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity.” – Louis Pasteur
- “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will.” – Vince Lombardi Jr.
- “Keep on going, and the chances are that you will stumble on something, perhaps when you are least expecting it. I never heard of anyone ever stumbling on something sitting down.” – Charles F. Kettering
- “Some lean back. But those who lean forward are poised to cross the finish line, first!” – T.F. Hodge, From Within I Rise: Spiritual Triumph Over Death and Conscious Encounters with “The Divine Presence”
- “Though you may hear me holler, and you may see me cry– I’ll be dogged, sweet baby, if you gonna see me die.” – Langston Hughes
- “Life is very interesting. In the end, some of your greatest pains become your greatest strengths.”– Drew Barrymore
- “Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.” – John Quincy Adams
- “If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.” – Flavia Weedn
- “The difference between the difficult and the impossible is that the impossible takes a little longer time.” – Lady Aberdeen
- “Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.” – A.A. Milne, “Winnie-the-Pooh”
- “The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one comes from a strong will, and the other from a strong won’t.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.” – Albert Einstein
- “Have the courage to start, the perseverance to continue, and the kindness to make it all beautiful.”― Maxime Lagacé
- “In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins- not through strength but by perseverance.” – H. Jackson Brown
- “Age wrinkles the body. Quitting wrinkles the soul.” – Douglas MacArthur
- “How long should you try? UNTIL!” – Jim Rohn
- “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” – Louisa May Alcott
- “Sometimes you must cross a bridge and other times you need to burn it. But, always keep building one and never lose your faith in life.” – Dodinsky
- “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
- “Failure is often that early morning hour of darkness which precedes the dawning of the day of success.” – Leigh Mitchell Hodges
- “A bend in the road is not the end of the road…Unless you fail to make the turn.” – Helen Keller
- “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” – Margaret Thatcher
- “Through perseverance, many people win success out of what seemed destined to be certain failure.” – Benjamin Disraeli
- “As I look back on my life, I realize that every time I thought I was being rejected from something good, I was actually being redirected to something better.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.” – Henry Ford
- “History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.” – B.C. Forbes
- “Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.” – Thomas Carlyle
- “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” – Pele
- “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” – Maya Angelou
- “Perseverance is the secret of all triumphs.” – Victor Hugo
- “Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.” – Julie Andrews
- “Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance.” – Samuel Johnson
- “The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.” ― Confucius, Confucius: The Analects
- “Just because you fail once doesn’t mean you’re gonna fail at everything.” ― Marilyn Monroe
- “Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out.” – John Wooden
- “Don’t give up in times of difficulty. Persevere on as there will be an end to these.” – Edward Dunedin
- “Where there is no struggle, there is no strength” – Oprah
- “To persevere in one’s duty and be silent, is the best answer to calumny.” – George Washington
- “Purity, patience and perseverance are the three essentials to success and above all love.” – Swami Vivekananda
- “Continuous effort–not strength or intelligence–is the key to unlocking our potential.”- Winston Churchill
- “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man’s determination.”- Tommy Lasorda
- “Energy and persistence conquer all things.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Once adversity reveals your strength, and you know what you can endure, you become an irrepressible force of nature.”― Abigail Damoah
- “Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.” – Newt Gingrich
- “People of mediocre ability sometimes achieve outstanding success because they don’t know when to quit. Most men succeed because they are determined to.” – George E. Allen
- “In case of doubt, push on just a little further and then keep on pushing.” – General George S Patton, Jr.
If you enjoy these quotes, check out our George Washington quotes from America’s first president.
We hope these quotes have inspired and motivated you to stay focused on your goals, embrace challenges, and never give up on your dreams. Remember, perseverance is not just about being resilient and challenging, but it’s about having the courage to keep going even when it gets tough. So, keep these quotes close to your heart and let them guide you toward success.
Moonpreneur understands the needs and demands this rapidly changing technological world is bringing with it for our kids. Thus we are on a mission to educate and ignite the flames of entrepreneurship through our holistically created online STEM programs, which will help kids master the futuristic sciences such as Robotics, Game Development, App Development, Advanced Math, and much more!!
Register for a free 60-minute Robotics and Coding Workshop today!