Making tools in Minecraft is a great way to get your creative juices flowing and become an expert in the game. Initially, you’ll have to do a lot of punching and digging through your hands in order to obtain raw materials.
These raw materials will then help you in making tools and also aid the construction of other things such as houses, boats, food, etc. Whether you are playing on a PC, console, or mobile device, crafting tools can be one of the most exciting and rewarding experiences available.
By following a few basic steps, you can quickly learn how to make tools from scratch and upgrade them as needed. Let’s start from the basics –
1. How to make sticks
To make sticks in Minecraft, you need wood logs. You get them from trees. Each type of tree has a different kind of log. You can turn the logs into planks. Then you can turn the planks into sticks. It takes two planks to make four sticks.
1. First Locate a tree, you can find it anywhere around where you spawn.
With the help of the following keys you can move around to find trees –
W- you move forward
A – Move Left
S – Move Backwards
D – Move Right
Space – Jump
2. Now, in order to extract the blocks-
- Point your mouse in the direction of the tree
- Punch the tree by left-clicking on your mouse
3. Pick up the blocks that fall to the ground as they will be useful in making planks. Just move forward with the ‘W’ key and walk over the block, it will get stored in your inventory.
4. Open your crafting menu by pressing E on your keyboard.
5. Place any type of log in the crafting menu from your inventory by clicking on it
6. From 1 Log you’ll get 4 Planks. Left-click on the planks and put them in your inventory. Now, place two planks oriented vertically, with one at the top and the other immediately below it.
If you right-click on the plank then the whole set will come up but if you left-click on the set of planks then it will be divided into half in inventory and you can also put one plank at a time in the crafting menu by the left-click.
7. Move sticks from the crafting results to your inventory.
2. How to make a Crafting Table
In order to make a crafting table take 4 planks from the inventory (you can pick all of them at once by right-clicking) and put them in the crafting table as shown below (you can put one plank at a time by left clicking on each box in the crafting menu)
You’ll see crafting table coming up on the right hand side just as shown below –
Bring this crafting table into your inventory and specifically quick access bar and then close the inventory.
Press ‘F’ on your keyboard to bring the Crafting Table in your main hand
Now, to place the crafting table on the ground –
- Select a spot
- Point your table towards the spot
- Right click on the mouse
- And, this will place the crafting table on the ground or wherever you’ll keep it.
Now, You can Right click by pointing to the crafting table and it will open a 3×3 grid for you to make weapons and other necessary stuff.
3. How to make an Axe
1. Open the Crafting Menu
First, open your crafting table so that you have the 3×3 crafting grid that looks like this:
2. Add Items to make a Wooden Axe
To make a wooden axe, place 3 wood planks and 2 sticks in the 3×3 crafting grid.
- When making a wooden axe, it is important that the wood planks and sticks are placed in the exact pattern as shown in the image below.
- There should be 2 wood planks placed in the first row (the last box in the row should be left empty).
- In the second row, 1 wood plank should be in the first box and 1 stick should be in the second box (the last box in the row should be left empty).
- In the third row, 1 stick should be in the middle box. This is the Minecraft crafting recipe for a wooden axe.
Now that you have filled the crafting area with the correct pattern, the wooden axe will appear in the box to the right hand side of the table
3. Move the Wooden Axe to Inventory
4. Voila! Your Wooden Axe is ready to use
You can use it to hunt monsters or mine diamonds, stones, rubies, etc.
4. How to make a sword
Crafting a sword is fairly simple but requires some patience and knowledge. To create one, you will need to line up several items in a crafting grid – a stick, two planks of wood or cobblestone, iron ingots, gold ingots, diamonds, etc.
Alternatively, you may be able to acquire these items from zombies, husks, zombie pigmen, pillagers, or vindicators. Crafting the sword begins by placing the stick into the center box of the first row in the crafting grid. Next, take two planks of wood and place them one on each side of the stick.
Minecraft is one of the most popular games among kids, and Moonpreneur is now turning this fun gameplay into an opportunity to learn how to code. Minecraft Coding course will help kids learn the skill of coding the fastest and in the most fun way ever possible! Book a free class today!