Update: This article was last updated by Moonpreneur on 10th Oct 2023 to reflect the accuracy and up-to-date information on the page.
My cousin finds learning grammar, typical math formulas, science concepts, etc, easier by watching short educational videos. She discovered it herself and said the videos, photos, and infographics help her more than text.
And my cousin is not the only one, but many other children enjoy the benefits of visual learning, which is always a more exciting method of teaching kids. YouTube is a platform that is fast becoming a space through which a child can learn concepts related to any subject.
Have you ever heard of “learning by seeing”? We’re talking about visual learning, which is the most effective technique to teach youngsters any topic. Entertaining videos with cartoon characters, colorful shapes, and different sizes capture kids’ attention and effectively communicate ideas and concepts.
During the pandemic, parents searched for kid-friendly YouTube channels with engaging educational content for kids from kindergarten to junior high.
Moonpreneur has curated a list of YouTube channels discussing various educational content, including math, science, reading, history, digital literacy, media, etc.
This digital space allows you and your child to have fun through interactive learning!!
|Educational||Crash Course Kids||10 years and above||771K||104|
|Kid’s Learning Tube||5 years and above||1.86M||656|
|Ted-Ed||8 years and above||19.1M||2000|
|SciShow Kids||5 - 10 years||1.03M||528|
|Nat Geo Kids||3 years and above||955K||871|
|MinutePhysics||7 years and above||5.69M||271|
|Entertainment||Ryan’s World||5 years and above||35.6M||2.5K|
|Kids Fun TV||13 years and above||9.83M||505|
|StorylineOnline||12 years and above||664K||120|
|Dodo Kids||3 years and above||1.89M||647|
|Homeschooling||Homeschool Pop||9 years and above||1.14M||409|
|The Royal Institution||14 years and above||1.39M||1.1K|
|Periodic Videos||14 years and above||1.59M||714|
|Children’s Magazine||Netflix Jr.||5 years and below||15.2M||2K|
|Highlights Kids||6 - 12 years||26.6K||201|
|STEM||Moonpreneur||7 - 16 years||2.63K||538|
1. Crash Course KidsThis content of the channels is dedicated to fifth-graders offering a wide array of educational topics spanning from gravity to food chains to Newtonian fluids and beyond. The content offered is particularly well-suited for children between the ages of 9 and 12. Although this channel has been static for quite a few years, it is filled with a wealth of timeless and child-friendly content that continues to captivate and engage young audiences. Go to Channel
- Subscribers: 748,000
- Videos: 104
2. Kid’s Learning TubeThe engaging vidoes on Kids Learning Tube captivate children and ignite their passion for learning. With a diverse collection of educational videos covering a wide range of informative topics, this channel seamlessly blends original sing-along educational songs with animations, creating a vibrant and enjoyable atmosphere for young learners. Furthermore, it brings forth delightful experiences for kids, fostering their interest and engagement. Go to Channel
- Subscribers: 1.74 million
- Videos: 558
3. Ted-EdUndoubtedly, Ted-Ed is a well-known channel that offers high-quality videos tailored specifically for kids. These videos address intriguing questions that children often have and present the answers in a visually stunning animated format. The explanation of scenarios related to ‘What If’ and ‘Why Is That’ has been done in a detailed and exquisite manner. This channel has something for everyone, from preteens to curious adults. Even better, many of the videos are also suitable for younger kids, making it a versatile and inclusive platform for learners of all ages. Go to Channel
- Subscribers: 18.6 million
- Videos: 2,000
4. SciShow KidsSciShow Kids is hosted by Jessi and her rat robot companion, Squeaks. The show answers many questions, such as “Why Do We Get Sick?” and “What is a Tornado?”. It covers almost everything from the mysteries of space to the wonders of biological science. The explanation is engaging, and the facts are delivered in one of the most exciting ways possible. With its premium content, this channel stands out as one of the top choices for children from kindergarten to fifth or sixth grade, providing them with an enriching educational journey. Go to Channel
- Subscribers: 961,000
- Videos: 499
5. Nat Geo KidsThe best way to describe this channel is: With each click, a world of knowledge unfolds, A heaven for kids, where curiosity beholds. From animal science to facts quite bizarre, The Nat Geo Kids channel is a guiding star. It’s a fantastic place for kids of all ages. The channel releases new videos daily, featuring amazing animals, cool science, funny pets, and much more. Kids will have a great time learning and enjoying the content. Go to Channel
- Subscribers: 808, 000
- Videos: 833
6. MinutePhysicsAn educational YouTube channel created by Henry Reich in 2011, MinutePhysics describes itself as “cool physics and other sweet science.” The videos on this channel utilize whiteboard animation to explain complex physics-related topics to kids studying in fourth to sixth grade. Go to Channel
- Subscribers: 5.65 million
- Videos: 270
Category 2: Entertainment Channel:
1. Ryan’s WorldRyan’s World is a creation of Ryan Kaji and his family. This is a child-led kid’s education and entertainment channel. The channel incorporates science experiments, simple chemistry, animal world facts, and interviews with scientists. Entertaining and educational, it’s suitable for children in grade three to grade six. Go to Channel
- Subscribers: 34.8 million
- Videos: 2.3K
2. Kids Fun TVThe Fun Squad Family’s adventure channel is a joyful hub of family-friendly content. Through its amusing skits, lively characters, and enjoyable games, it brings joy and laughter to both children and parents. Go to Channel
- Subscribers: 9.32 million
- Videos: 437
3. StorylineOnlineStorylineOnline presents engaging tales with meaningful lessons and artwork, alluring young readers and nurturing their literary abilities. This channel ignites a passion for books, motivating kids to immerse themselves in reading and enhance their literacy prowess. Go to Channel
- Subscribers: 9.32 million
- Videos: 437
4. Dodo KidsDodo Kids offers an insight into the world of animals, showcasing their fascinating behaviors. From adorable wild infants to beloved pets, this channel is a must-visit for animal enthusiasts of all ages, providing an immersive experience in understanding animal nuances. Go to Channel
- Subscribers: 1.48 million
- Videos: 568
Category 3: Homeschooling Channel:
1. Homeschool PopThe simple and engaging nature of the content makes Homeschool Pop a great channel for kids. Hosted by a real homeschool dad named Daniel, the videos cover topics ranging from animal facts, history snippets, math pointers, and much more. Most of their educational videos are of short duration and are best suited for kids studying in kindergarten through second grade. Go to Channel
- Subscribers: 1.07 million
- Videos: 406 videos
2. The Royal InstitutionThe Royal Institution’s YouTube channel has cool videos about science and talks by famous scientists and writers. They cover biology, the brain, chemistry, physics, medicine, tech/engineering, and math. Perfect for teens interested in science and tech careers. Go to Channel
- Subscribers: 1.35 million
- Videos: 406
3. Periodic VideosThis exclusive channel uploads videos on each element of the periodic table. Every week a new video is uploaded about science news, interesting molecules, and other stuff from the world of chemistry. Go to Channel
- Subscribers: 1.58 million
- Videos: 710
Category 4: Children’s Magazine Channel
4. Netflix Jr.A platform such as Netflix is a place where one can find some of the greatest shows of all time, but Netflix Jr, on the other hand, is a platform that provides some of the most popular children’s educational shows made to date. For starters, storyBots, Octonauts, and Ada Twist, Scientist are some of the best shows. These videos are made specifically for kids currently studying in Pre-K to Second Grade, with some amazing options for third and fourth-graders as well. Go to Channel
- Subscribers: 14.3 million
- Videos: 1.9 thousand
5. Highlights KidsDesigned for children aged 6-12, the channel brings the joy of Highlights Magazine through various content, including hidden picture puzzles, animated stories, jokes by kids, crafts, recipes, and much more. Let the fun and learning begin! Go to Channel
- Subscribers: 24.3 thousand
- Videos: 201
1. MoonpreneurIs your child deeply interested in how Robots work or a Game is developed? Is he also interested in playing with numbers? Or does he show signs of becoming a successful entrepreneur? If any of the above has your head nodding, your one-stop solution is Moonpreneur!!
Moonpreneur’s videos focus on skill enhancement and entrepreneurship, suitable for kids aged 8 to 15. Apart from that, uniquely and holistically designed courses related to Robotics, Game Development, Advanced Math, and Power Skill Development, which are taught by one of the best in the industry, are shared on the channel.
- Subscribers: 2480
- Videos: 478
As per the article published on Researchgate.net, the primary significance of studying YouTube-based children’s media channels is understanding the pros and cons that directly or indirectly affect children’s mental and physical growth. Thus, parents need adequate guidance to use such media to gratify their children’s entertaining or social learning needs. Kids’ media, animated, and musical content profoundly affect children’s psychology and learning habits.
So, here you go!! We have curated a list for your little one, so click on the above links and let them explore while they learn and grow through the videos.
To further see your kids learn more about science-related topics such as Robotics and Game Development, Advanced Math, and more, log onto Moonpreneur today and book a 60 min free session in robotics, advanced math, app development, and game development with us or talk to our program advisor at +1 (855) 550-0571.
1. Which is the biggest educational channel in the world?
Answer. According to the Guinness Book of World Records, Cocomelon Nursery Rhymes (USA) has achieved the top position as the most subscribed YouTube channel with a staggering 147,482,207 subscribers. Super Simple Songs: Kids Songs holds the second rank with 36,400,000 subscribers.
2. What are the best educational YouTube channels for toddlers?
Answer. The greatest toddler-friendly YouTube channels include KidsTV123, KidsABC123, Noodle and Doodle, Chloe’s Closet, Mother Goose Club, and GiggleBellies Super Simple Songs.
3. What are the best educational YouTube channels for elementary schools?
Answer. It depends on your topic of interest. Khan Academy is a great place to start, for instance, if you’re seeking math help. We recommend Crash Course or Sci Show Kids if you want something more all-encompassing and age-appropriate.
4. How is YouTube useful for education?
Answer: In a number of ways, YouTube may be a useful educational resource. It gives users access to a vast collection of educational materials, such as lectures, guides, and documentaries. Additionally, YouTube allows users to pause, rewind, and replay videos, which can support independent learning for children. YouTube may also help with distance learning and give students a place to share and work together on projects for school.
5. What Do I Do If My Child Wants to Be a YouTuber?
Answer: First of all, if your youngster has expressed interest in being a YouTuber, that is quite acceptable. In fact, according to Earth Web, 75% of the young population between the ages of 6 and 17 desire to work as YouTube stars.